Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 20th a little late

April 20, 2009 Update

I had a productive weekend of recording. Songs are starting to shape up. I have the solid roots for 8 of the tracks down. I was starting to wonder when I would be able to put some good solid work in on the cd. The flare up that I had a couple of weeks ago, set me back some but things are starting to look up. You have a lot of time to think about all kinds of stuff when you can’t get around. I did some arranging in my head and heard a lot of parts and instruments that I imagined might sound good on the tracks. I have a clear idea of what I want this project to sound like. I hope that I can pull all of the instruments off. They sound so easy in my head but I know it will not be that easy. I broke out the Les Paul for some dirty tracks this weekend and it sounded great. I have been tracking the clean guitars with my Strat and this seems to be blending really well. I have also been using my Takamine for the acoustic parts. In the past I have stuck to one guitar for tracking but I have a whole new feel for this project. I am walking on my own now and feeling much better. I hope this was just a passing flare with my ms. The wheel chair and walker were driving me crazy. The overall pain has gone from a 9 to about a 4 on the scale of hurt. That is good for me and seems to be my normal number these days. 3-5 is my field of play for the last year. While talking to a friend of mine from future-link, I realized something. The way we deal with constant pain is through distraction. We try to keep our minds off of the pain and focused on something else. Music seems to be my something else right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment