Thursday, March 18, 2010

MS WALK --- A TEAM FOR ME---- WOW!!!

MS WALK

Today was one of those days where something catches you of guard and you really just don’t know what to say at that moment of impact. I opened my email and saw one from my sister. I immediately clicked on it ready to read a joke or look at a funny picture. It was neither. She was asking my permission to post a page on facebook that she had created. She started a team to walk for me in the MS walk next weekend in Addison. These teams walk to raise money for research to help find a cure for ms. It is all run through the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and it is a great program. She has been taking the time to organize and now recruit members for the team next weekend or get them just to donate to the NMSS. This is a big task to take on. I know how hard it is to try and get people to do stuff like this. I try to get people to come to my website and listen to my music and read my book and that is a never ending task with a lot of rejection. Now, she is trying to get people to walk for my life and the lives of others affected by MS. This is an amazing thing she is doing. That is so weird to even say “for my life”. I have never even thought of it like that. I have done things for the NMSS to raise money and I am sure that I have influenced others to buy bracelets or donate to them. My sister was taking on the task of creating this team in my name for the NMSS. How cool is that? That is so awesome that I don’t even know where to start. I guess I started in the place I always do. My blog is my place to vent and share news like this. I am so proud of my sister for doing this. If you are reading this please help make her team a success. It’s not just for me or her. It’s for everyone with MS. It’s only one day out of your life or a few clicks of your mouse. That’s not a lot to ask for the people that carry ms with them everyday of their life and will carry it until a cure is found. Please join or donate to the team she made in my name and help us reach our goal for this years event.

Thank you Tammy, I love you,
Your little brother


Team Page

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/TXHWalkEvents?team_id=202609&pg=team&fr_id=12740&s_tafId=136707

No comments:

Post a Comment